Detail from Ancestral Spirit, wool and natural dyes encoded with Aztec bar code, by Guillermo Bert, woven by Anita Paillamil. Part of the exhibit Guillermo Bert: Encoded Textiles, at the Pasadena Museum of California Art. Through February 24, in Pasadena. (Courtesy of the artist; photo by Ronald Dunlap.)
MY WEBSITE IS STILL EXPERIENCING SERIOUS AGITA. So today’s posting will go on Tumblr…
- Seattle: Adam Satushek, afield, at Platform Gallery. Through February 9.
- L.A.: From Triple X to Birdsong, at Kayne Griffin Corcoran. Opens Saturday at 6pm in Santa Monica.
- L.A.: Ed Templeton, Memory Foam, at Roberts & Tilton. Opens Saturday at 6pm, in Culver City.
- L.A.: Rodney McMillan, Against a ‘Civic Death’: An Overture, at Susanne Vielmetter. Opens Saturday at 6pm, in Culver City.
- L.A.: Michael Jones McKean and Timur Si-Qin, Love and Resources, at Favorite Goods. Opens Saturday at 7pm in Chinatown.
- NYC: Francis Alÿs, Reel-Unreel, at David Zwirner. Opens Thursday, in Chelsea.
- NYC: Walking Drifting Dragging, at the New Museum. Opens today.
- NYC: On Creating Reality, by Andy Kaufman, at Maccarone. Opens Saturday, in the Meatpacking District.
- NYC: Sol Lewitt, Cut Torn Folded Ripped, and Wang Xieda, Subject Verb Objects, at James Cohan Gallery. Opens Thursday at 6pm, in Chelsea.
- NYC: Marina Zurkow, Necrocracy, at Bitforms. Opens Thursday at 6pm, in Chelsea.
- NYC: Not Too Late: Recent Works by Feng Mengbo, at Chambers Fine Art. Opens Thursday at 6pm, in Chelsea.
- NYC: Aakash Nihalani, at Jonathan Levine Gallery. Opens Saturday at 7pm, in Chelsea.
- NYC: Joan Snyder: Symphony 1968-2012, at Gering & Lopez Gallery. Opens Thursday, in Chelsea.
- NYC: Grasso, Grimonprez, Koh: Three Installations, at Sean Kelly Gallery. Opens Friday, in Chelsea.
- NYC: Daniel Buren, Electricity, Fabric, Paint, Paper, Vinyl, at Bortolami and Petzel galleries. Opens Thursday, in Chelsea.
- NYC: Nothing and Everything, curated by Tim Hawkinson, at Marc Straus. Through February 8, in SoHo.
- NYC: Isabelle Hayeur, Death in Absentia, at Pierogi. Opens Friday at 7pm, in Williamsburg.
- NYC: Andrew Auder, Michael Neel, The Jesus Show, at Microscope Gallery. Opens Saturday at 6pm, in Bushwick.
- NYC: Brooklyn/Montreal: Videozones, at Interstate Projects. Opens Sunday at 6pm, in Bushwick.
- NYC: Real Op, at Parallel Art Space. Opens Saturday at 6pm, in Ridgewood.
- PLUS: A special art world air kiss to the NYC galleries on 27th street that are finally reopening after Hurricane Sandy. Please show some love to Michael Waugh at Edward Winkleman and Thomas Barrow at Derek Eller, this Saturday at 3pm in Chelsea. Welcome back!
- h-e-t-e-r-o-d-o-x-y reblogged this from cmonstah and added:
- lilythepirate likes this
- osodetijuana likes this
- cmonstah posted this